Thursday, September 11, 2014

Author Tease ~ BornonHalloween



Magnetic North
BornonHalloween

Another wave rocked the deck, and I lost my footing for a second. She tightened her grip on my hand and grasped my waist. “Maybe we should sit down. Are you allowed?”

Her question threw me for a second until I remembered I was wearing a uniform. “Sure.” I was ridiculously disappointed when she pulled her hand away. “Um, maybe, just in case...” I dug into my front pocket and pulled out one of the white bags, opening it with a flick of my wrist and handing it to her, “can you make it look like...”

Genius idea.

“I’m seasick?”

I was waiting for her to throw the bag in my face and tell me to go fall on someone else, but instead, she bent forward and stuck her face in the bag. I was in love.

“Am I doing it right?” She tipped her head so she could see me, and there was nothing I could do but laugh.

“Yep, I think there’s a future for you in this.”

“Why, thank you.” Her voice was a muffled echo. “How long do you need me to stay like this?”

I reached over and took the bag. “I think that’s enough.”

No comments:

Post a Comment