Sunday, September 21, 2014

Author Tease ~ NocturnalBeauty


Shake It Off

By NocturnalBeauty

I shut the car door and took a deep breath. Beside mine, there was a dark blue pickup truck. Against it leaned Edward, smoking a cigarette.

“Let me take you to dinner.”

I looked at him, shocked. I could feel my face heat up.

“I can’t.” His expression never wavered.

“Please? I promise I won’t disappoint.”

A giggle escaped me.  “Um, I don’t know. I’d need to find a sitter for Claire.”

His smile widened.

“There’s no need. My sister, Alice, is a kindergarten teacher. She loves kids. I’m sure she and my mother won’t mind having Claire over for a few hours while we go out.”

I looked at my feet. Jeez, I feel like an awkward teenager all over again.

“I guess. I mean, if you’re sure they won’t mind.”

He shook his head. “Not at all. They’ll love her.”

“Okay. When did you have in mind?”

“Friday at 8?”

I nodded my head. “That'll be fine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment