Monday, September 29, 2014

Author Tease ~ Winterhorses


Summer’s Hidden Melody

By Winterhorses

“So, Bella, tell me about yourself,” Anthony says as he settles into the plush leather seat of the stretch SUV we’re in.  The vehicle begins to move, but I can barely hear the engine from where we sit.

“Hmm, let’s see. I’m 22 and just graduated from Boston College.  I’m originally from Washington state, and my favorite animals are chickens.”

“Chickens?” Anthony laughs.  “That’s weird.”

“What’s weird about liking chickens?  They’re amazing.  The chicks are so cute and fuzzy, and some breeds make great pets. When they grow up, they’re insanely useful.  Besides the obvious egg thing, they eat annoying bugs and provide fertilizer for a garden.  And of course, they taste really good when barbecued.”

 His laughter gets louder.  “I love it.  Not many people talk so nonchalantly about eating their pets.  I'd hate to see what you do to things you don’t like.”

 “Well, if you don’t piss me off, you won’t have to find out,” I say with a sly grin.

 “I’ll try my best not to.”  He tries to speak solemnly but can’t keep the smile off his face.  One of his hands moves to my thigh.  “I’m so glad I’m with you tonight.  Not only are you stunningly beautiful, you’re clever and funny as well.”

 I run my fingers over the bare skin of his forearm.  “Wait until you see what I can do in the bedroom,” I tell him in a low, suggestive voice.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that's quite a teaser! Can't wait to find out what happens next! Anthony, huh? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete